Towering majestically over downtown Winston-Salem, North Carolina, The Kimpton Cardinal Hotel is an elegant destination to exchange wedding vows. The gorgeous ballrooms, scrumptious food, and exciting amenities are the perfect setting for all of your wedding events. Even pets are allowed, so your furry loved ones will not miss out on being apart of your wedding day.
1. Set in the former RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company headquarters, the renovated Kimpton Cardinal Hotel, is an impressive Gilded Age building that still wows guests today. Originally opening its doors in 1929, this building was the design muse for the Empire State Building in New York City. As you pass through the revolving brass and glass doors, you will feel like you just stepped into the Manhattan icon’s lobby.
2. The famed American poet, singer, and civil rights activist, Maya Angelou called Winston-Salem her home during the latter part of her life. In her honor, the hotel created the Maya Angelou-inspired ballroom, Magnolia. From the chandeliers designed from the pearl necklaces Maya wore to Still I Rise poetry quotes woven into the carpeting, this beautiful ballroom is the perfect romantic venue.
3. Host your Welcome Party in the boiler room turned Recreation Room. That might sound crazy, but hear what it has to entertain your families and friends coming together for the big event. This fun space is outfitted with a two-lane bowling alley, basketball court, pool table, and adult-sized spiral slide. You can even use Bluetooth to play your own music through the jukebox. The Recreation Room will accommodate up to 150 guests.
4. For your wedding reception, select Southern or French choices from a menu designed by The Katharine Brasserie’s Chef Adam Barnett. His signature style of delectable modern food can be delivered in a formal plated dinner or stations perfectly placed throughout the venue.
5. To set the festive mood, arrange a music consultation with Kimpton’s Director of Music to create a custom playlist to keep your celebration on a high note.
6. If you have a furry family member who must attend your wedding, this hotel is pet-friendly. There are no weight or size restrictions, plus there are no additional fees required.
7. As the night sky descends over the city, the hotel will illuminate the exterior of the building in your wedding colors.
8. Choosing The Kimpton Cardinal hotel as your wedding venue, one of the hotel’s wedding perks, the happy couple will receive a complimentary anniversary stay.
All photos courtesy of Visit Winston-Salem