Spanning a quarter mile stretch of beautiful beach, Holiday Inn Resort is an oceanfront property on the Atlantic Ocean. Opening their doors March 2015, this resort is still a brand new! Inside it features modern coastal style, ample amenities, and well appointed guest rooms. Outside treat yourself to the pool with an ocean view, hot tub, and beachfront dining. Your family can experience this fabulous resort along with all the family-friendly activities that Jekyll Island offers.
Interesting Fact: The State of Georgia owns Jekyll Island, 65% of which is protected, leaving just 35% available for development. This means fewer crowds, lots of naturally beautiful areas, and a wide buffer between the beaches and the first row of development – plenty of breathing room!
Drive Time From Charlotte: Approximately a 5-hour drive
Good to Know: Jekyll Island is the perfect getaway for a long weekend to a week’s vacation. With the light development, this island destination is perfect for a family seeking a low-key time away from their normal busy lives.
Room Highlights: All of the spacious guest rooms feature a private balcony with a gorgeous ocean view plus a flat screen television, free Wifi, microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker, and an activity table with two chairs. The brand new, coastal style modern furnishings in each room make for a comfortable and inviting stay.
Bring Your Pets: Fido can come along on this vacation. The resort charges $20.00 per pet per night. Here, you can bring the whole family including the furry ones.
Resort Amenities: Besides the beautiful ocean views this resort provides guests, you can lounge on the oceanfront pool deck and take a dip in the pool or hot tub. There is a casual poolside restaurant where kids eat free with an adult meal purchased. Just on the other side of the pool’s fence is an easily accessible kid’s play area with a sand floor. On the third floor above the lobby, North Shore coffee & martini can be found. Also on this floor, there is a small fitness room, coin laundry, and kids club.
Resort Activities: Planned throughout the week, guests can partake in numerous activities. Choose from a sunrise beach walk, board games in activities room, art & crafts under the Oak, sandcastle building, live entertainment, or bonfire and s’mores.
Upcoming: On the Holiday Inn Resort property, Beach House restaurant is under construction and should be ready for diners sometime over the summer. Once the doors open, this restaurant will specialize in fresh local seafood, housemade pizza, and craft beers on draft. This restaurant will have indoor and outdoor dinning, live entertainment, and a daily happy hour.
What my kids liked the most: the oceanside pool and the ocean view from our balcony
What Mom liked the most: Jekyll Island has wonderful paved bike paths, which are accessible right in front of the resort.
What Dad liked the most: Free Caribou coffee in the mornings at North Shore Coffee & Martini Bar
UP NEXT: 6 Family Activities on Jekyll Island